My family loves seafood, so when I put together this shrimp scampi the other night, they quickly made it known that this recipe was a keeper! As a busy mom, I am always looking for recipes that come together quickly, but don’t lack nutrients or flavor. This recipe turned out fantastic, and trust me when I say, this will be a new weekly dinner in your home! One bite and you will be hooked!
`QUICK TIP: Serve this over zoodles for a perfect low carb dinner!`
PREP TIME: 5 minutes |COOK TIME: 5-10 minutes | Serves: 4
<li>1 ¼ pounds wild-caught shrimp, peeled and deveined </li>
<li>4 tablespoons grass-fed butter </li>
<li>3 cloves garlic, chopped roughly</li>
<li>¼ cup dry white wine</li>
<li>¼ cup lemon juice</li>
<li>¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)</li>
<li>¼ cup chopped parsley (1 small handful)</li>
<li>½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese</li>
<li>Salt and ground black pepper, to taste</li>
1. In a saute or frying pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and saute until soft.
2. Add lemon juice, wine, and red chili flakes. Bring to a light boil, then add in shrimp. Simmer until shrimp begin to turn pink and reduce heat to low.
3. Taste the sauce and add salt and black pepper as needed. Cook until shrimp are cooked through, about 7-10 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and serve!
Feel great and remember to enjoy your health!
The Warrior Wife
* Although it is not specified in the recipe, I only use ingredients that are organic and/or GMO-free. I believe this is the healthiest way to eat and encourage everyone to do so as much as possible. It is a more expensive way to eat but it is worth every penny!
Back to List