I love breakfast bars in the morning because as a busy mom, sometimes I just need something that is quick and easy, but still has the nutrients I need to start my day. These breakfast bars are packed with protein and don’t take a ton of time to make. They are tasty and moist - the perfect bar for breakfast, snack or even dessert! Whip up a batch today and you won’t be disappointed!
``QUICK TIP:If you can’t get fresh raspberries, use frozen berries - they work perfectly!``
#<b>Raspberry Applesauce Breakfast Bars</b>
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
| COOK TIME: 25 minutes | SERVES: 12 Bars
<li>5 pitted medjool dates</li>
<li>½ cup apple sauce</li>
<li>1 cup almond flour</li>
<li>⅓ cup almond milk</li>
<li>1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract</li>
<li>½ cup shredded coconut</li>
<li>½ cup almond butter</li>
<li>2 teaspoons baking soda</li>
<li>¼ teaspoon nutmeg</li>
<li>¼ teaspoon salt</li>
<li>5 tablespoons coconut butter</li>
<li>2 tablespoons lemon juice</li>
<li>2-3 drops liquid stevia</li>
<li>2 tablespoons water</li>
1. Pre-heat oven to 400F. Line the bottom of an 8” x 8” square baking dish with parchment paper.
2. In a food processor, combine all the ingredients for the bars. Blend until completely smooth.
3. Pour the batter into the baking dish and spread evenly.
4. Add on your desired toppings. Press the toppings down into the batter slightly so they cook into the bars.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
6. For the glaze, blend ingredients in a food processor until completely smooth.
7. Let the bars cool completely before glazing.
8. Serve and enjoy!
Feel great and remember to enjoy your health!
The Warrior Wife
* Although it is not specified in the recipe, I only use ingredients that are organic and/or GMO-free. I believe this is the healthiest way to eat and encourage everyone to do so as much as possible. It is a more expensive way to eat but it is worth every penny!
Back to List