Chicken pot pie is one of my all time favorite comfort foods! Pot pies unfortunately take a long time to make, so I wanted to come up with something quick and easy that still satisfied that comfort food craving. This soup is hearty, rich, and taste just like a creamy chicken pot pie. The best part about this soup is that it is full of nutrient rich ingredients, and is ready in only 30 minutes!
``QUICK TIP: The spices in this recipe are interchangeable, try your favorite fresh herbs to mix up the flavor!``
#<b>Chicken Pot Pie Soup</b>
PREP TIME: 5 minutes | COOK TIME: 25 Minutes | SERVES: 6
3 pre-cooked chopped chicken breasts
3 cups chicken broth
2 tablespoons grass-fed butter
1 medium onion, chopped
8 garlic cloves, chopped
2 lbs yellow potatoes (half of them peeled and chopped; the other half cut into bite-size pieces)
3 large carrots, peeled and sliced
2 celery ribs, chopped
1 cup frozen peas
2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Heat the butter in a large soup pot. Add the onions and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally for 3
2. Add the peeled, roughly chopped potatoes and the broth.
3. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
5. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the potatoes and onions to a blender.
6. Blend on high until the mixture is nice and creamy.
7. Add the carrots, celery, peas, and bite-sized potatoes to the broth in the pot.
8. Add the contents of the blender.
9. Cover again and simmer for about 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
10. Add the chicken and fresh thyme and cook another 5 minutes.
11. Ladle into bowls and enjoy!
Feel great and remember to enjoy your health!
The Warrior Wife
* Although it is not specified in the recipe, I only use ingredients that are organic and/or GMO-free. I believe this is the healthiest way to eat and encourage everyone to do so as much as possible. It is a more expensive way to eat but it is worth every penny!
Back to List