This quiche is so easy to make. It’s perfect for taking with you to brunch, or for making ahead on a Sunday for breakfasts during the week. The almond flour crust I used for this recipe is gluten free and the filling is dairy free, making it tasty alternative to a traditional quiche. It’s low on carbs and big on flavor - give this recipe a try and I know you’ll love it!
`QUICK TIP: Sprinkle some shredded cheese on top for a delicious cheesy flavor!`
#<b>Bacon, Spinach, Mushroom Quiche</b>
PREP TIME: 10 minutes |COOK TIME: 1 hour | Serves: 6
<li>2 cups almond flour</li>
<li>1/2 tsp salt</li>
<li>1/4 cup avocado oil</li>
<li>3 garlic cloves minced</li>
<li>6 pastured eggs</li>
<li>8 ounces bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces</li>
<li>1/3 cup unsweetened coconut milk</li>
<li>8 ounces sliced Cremini mushroom</li>
<li>2 cups spinach</li>
<li>1/4 cup diced red onions</li>
<li>1/2 teaspoon coconut oil</li>
<li>Salt and pepper to taste</li>
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Grease a 9" pie plate with coconut oil.
3. In a large bowl, combine the crust ingredients
4. Press the dough into the greased pie dish, creating an even layer. Form the crust up about a 1/2 inch onto the sides of the dish.
5. Bake for 20 minutes, then let cool.
6. Slice bacon into ½ inch pieces. Cook bacon in a large skillet; cook over medium high heat until cooked. Drain on a paper towel and leave to cool. Slice into ½ inch pieces.
7. Add diced red onions, and sliced mushrooms in a pan for about 5 minutes or until the mushrooms are sweated.Add the spinach and minced garlic and allow to wilt.
8. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, pepper. Add the mushroom and spinach mixture, and chopped bacon. and sauté mixture.
9. Pour the eggs into the crust and bake for 30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
10. Allow the quiche to cool for about 5 minutes before cutting and serving.
Feel great and remember to enjoy your health!
The Warrior Wife
* Although it is not specified in the recipe, I only use ingredients that are organic and/or GMO-free. I believe this is the healthiest way to eat and encourage everyone to do so as much as possible. It is a more expensive way to eat but it is worth every penny!
Back to List